Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Monday, July 27, 2009

Just when you think you've seen everything...

...you have children. They do the strangest things. When you ask them, "Why did you do that?", the answer is usually, "I don't know," spoken in very bewildered tone of voice.

My kids have pulled some doozies over the years, so many I've lost count. Most of them blur together in a haze of years of sleep deprivation.

I had one child, maybe six or seven at the time, who sat in one of the tall lego canisters. And got stuck. He was hunched over, waddling through the house with a big plastic bucket stuck to his rear, howling for help. His siblings were laughing so hard they couldn't stand. It took us half an hour to finally remove it. When asked why he sat in the bucket, his answer? "I don't know."

Life's lesson? Don't ask. They don't know either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.