Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Monday, May 3, 2010

Teaser story

Just for fun, and because it's late and I've been sick, here's a teaser for you. I won an award for characterization for this micro-short story. The guidelines for the contest were: Tell a complete story in no more than three sentences. Run-on sentences will be repunctuated. I had too much fun with this one:

God said, “Let there be light.”
The universe paused, then rearranged the laws of physics to accommodate nuclear fusion.
And there was light.

Happy Monday, sorry it's late.

6 comments:

  1. Cute. Implication that God is a super-powerful visitor to what was previously "our" universe? Or that S/He can't plan for toffee? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was fast. I barely posted it. :)

    I have learned not to look too closely at philosophical statements in my writing. I really don't want to know what's swimming in my subconscious. I just thought it was funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My blog reader (Akregator on Linux), she rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She must. I'm still doing things by hand. I've got to find a faster way to do this...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great three lines! Congrats!

    Get yourself better.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, keep it nice.