Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thursday Recipe - Eyeball Gelatin

Just for kicks, and because I can, I made a bowl of eyeball gelatin for the camp tonight. It looks utterly disgusting. I can't wait for their reactions, especially when I munch on a juicy eyeball. (Pictures will follow, if I remember my camera tonight.)

I specialize in food with disgusting names and appearances that really taste pretty good. I've got an entire menu based on the dinner scene from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Bugs, eyeball soup, snake surprise, chilled monkey brains - yep, all there and all delicious because they aren't really what you might think they are.

So for today, enjoy a bowl of delicious eyeball jello.

Eyeball Gelatin

2 boxes peach gelatin
1 can lychees (look for them in the oriental section)
about two dozen small red grapes OR maraschino cherries

Mix gelatin according to directions on the box. Set it aside to thicken. Open and drain the lychees. Insert a grape into each lychee. Doesn't it look like an eyeball? If the lychees fall apart, you can either discard them or put them in anyway as chopped eyeball parts. Gently fold your eyeballs into the gelatin. Refrigerate until set.

Serve and wait for the comments.

2 comments:

  1. I completely spaced taking pictures of it but the reaction of the campers was either "Ew, gross!" or "Disgusting, but really yummy." Made me giggle.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, keep it nice.