Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Monday, August 27, 2012

Monday Thoughts

Me, by August 31
It's been a chaotic month-book release, major remodeling, writing, birthday, kids going back to school, etc. The paint fumes and other fumes from remodeling my kitchen gave me migraines most days. My house is a complete and total disaster, boxes stacked in corners, furniture shoved wherever, stuff torn up and shifted around. But, and it's a big one, the job is almost done. I've wanted to rip out my kitchen for years. I finally did it. And I couldn't be happier about the results. I *love* my new kitchen.

Now to put the rest of the house back together. We're repainting part of the dining area, the part that wasn't affected by the kitchen remodel. Once that's done, we're turning it into an office space for me and a homework space for the kids. With a couple of desks and the printer stand and maybe a cabinet for office supplies, it will be a great space.

The tv viewing area has moved to the family room I repainted last November. We splurged on a flat screen and wifi enabled Blu-ray player so we can watch Netflix together. It's working well so far. That family room has become the media room, with the tv stuff, wii, and computers.

Now on to the last remodeling project for a while: the master bedroom. The carpet needs to go away, along with the popcorn ceiling. Once we're done with that...

No, no more remodeling for several months, at least.

My writing? Ha! I signed up for CampNanowrimo for August. It pushed me to write quite a bit and finish up a novel that is not science fiction and not related to the series I'm publishing. But it's rough, very rough. Lots of editing ahead of me on that one. But it's airships and elves and magic in Fairyland. Even if it never makes it to the light of day, I had fun writing it.

What have you been up to this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.