Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thursday Recipe - New Diet

I'm dealing with too much this week. I've been put on a very strict diet, on top of the other two diets I'm supposed to be following. I'm struggling to figure out what I can still eat. None of these are weight loss diets, if you were curious. I'm supposed to be on the glycemic load diet for my blood sugar and a low-salt diet for my blood pressure. Now I get to add a diet for my kidneys. The list of banned foods is very long.

IT INCLUDES CHOCOLATE. I CAN'T HAVE CHOCOLATE FOR AT LEAST A MONTH.

So I get to eat plain vegetables, except for tomatoes, onions, and a couple of others that I don't like anyway. I can have fresh meat, but not with any seasonings other than some herbs and salt. No pepper, no spicy mixes. I'm not supposed to eat fruit, except for bananas, pears, and blueberries. I'm banned from sauces and dressings. I can have lots of breads and grains, except I can't eat most of them because of my other diets. I can't have MSG because it triggers migraines, but I also can't do additives, preservatives, artificial flavorings or colorings. I'm going to have to start cooking from scratch. Except I'm so drained dealing with health issues and fibromyalgia I have no energy.

I've been banging my head on the wall trying to figure this out. Anyone out there have suggestions or favorite recipes?

2 comments:

  1. What about eggs, beans, and dairy? Can you at least use oil and vinegar on salads? I can't imagine anything more frustrating than the diet you are describing. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eggs are okay, but I have to limit them because they give me other problems. I'm lactose intolerant, too, so dairy is very limited. I can use oil on salads, but no vinegar. It is very frustrating.

    Beans are mostly good, and I use them often. But I like them most with tomato sauces or bacon, which are both banned.

    I just hope I don't have to stick with this diet longer than a month. Any recipes or ideas are very welcome.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, keep it nice.