Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Monday, February 11, 2013

Unicorn Meatballs

I like to try new things. Our local grocery store marks things down to ridiculous levels. Combine the two and you get all sorts of kitchen fun. I found tubes of red velvet cookie dough marked down low enough I was willing to try it. So I bought one. The other night I cooked them.

I had the package split open so I could turn the dough, a weird pinkish red color, into balls for cookies. My husband peered over my shoulder.

"What are you making?" His voice was puzzled. "Meatballs?"

"Yep, unicorn meatballs."

From now on, these cookies will be known as Unicorn Meatballs.

(Silly me, I didn't take a picture of the package because I thought for sure someone will have a picture online. But, no. No pictures of the refrigerated cookie dough tube.)

See? Unicorn meat as meatballs and as a meat pie!

Not as much fun baked, but they're still Unicorn Meatballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.