Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Monday, July 15, 2013

Flash Fiction Award!

Announcement! Soul Windows is now available as a print book as well as an ebook - 137 pages of great SF/F short stories by yours truly, including three brand-new ones.

I entered a flash fiction contest a couple of weeks ago. For those who don't know, flash fiction is really short fiction, usually 100 words or less. For this contest, it was even shorter. I won an honorable mention for my romance story - 69 words or less to tell a complete romance story.


Here's my entry:

April Fool’s, honey.” Bill laughed as Carol spit out the salty cake.
“Forty years of marriage, you’d think I’d learn.” Carol rinsed her mouth with water. Except the glass had been laced with vinegar and pepper.
Bill giggled at his deception.
Carol leaned over the sink, gagging at the taste. She waited until she heard him walk over to the coffee pot before smiling. It took two to play.


Check out the other entries here.
My other entries didn't place, but it was still fun to write them. What do you think? Could you write a complete story in less than 69 words? I'd love to read what people come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.