Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Monday, August 5, 2013

Author Interview - Diantha Jones

Please welcome Diantha Jones to The Far Edge of Normal! She was born the day thousands of turkeys sacrificed their lives to fill millions of American bellies on November 22 which also happened to be Thanksgiving Day (Her mother says she owes her a turkey). She is a Journalism graduate who wants to be a career novelist (of books, not Facebook posts). When not writing or working, she is reading on her Nook, being hypnotized by Netflix or on a mission to procure french fries. 

The Oracle of Delphi fantasy series is her first series. She is also the author of Mythos: Stories from Olympus, a companion series, and there is another fantasy series in the works. She also writes (new) adult fantasy/paranormal romance under the name A. Star. Invasion (An Alien Romance) is her first title released under this pen name. Future releases under A. Star include, the Love & Steampunk series, the Purr, Inc. stories, and more.

Find her at http://www.diantha-jones.com/ or on Twitter or on Facebook.

Tell us about your writing - What genre do you prefer to write? What books, stories, other publications that you've written are your personal favorites? Anything new coming up?
Well, I would call myself a young adult fantasy writer, but I have more adult books coming down the pipeline than YA! But for now, we'll stick with the former title. My fave so far is the Oracle of Delphi series, but I'm quickly falling in love with my upcoming New Adult series Love & Steampunk. Can't wait to share it with readers!

What about you as a person? What do you do to relax? Favorite movies or tv shows? Hobbies?
I love to read, of course, and usually have several books going at one time. I also love TV and movies. So much that I have a meme that I do on my site called “Show N' Read Saturday” where I compare books to TV shows/movies!

"All writers must have cats, especially if they write fantasy or speculative fiction." Do you have a stand on this one? Any cute pictures of your kitty or other pet?
People will call me insane, but this writer here HATES CATS. I don't like them at all. I actually don't have any pets, but if I did, it would be a dog. A rottweiler possibly. But a cat? Never.

If you could have dinner with any of your characters, which ones would you choose? What food would you serve?
I'd probably choose a god, like Apollo or Aphrodite. Of course, I'd serve nectar and ambrosia...for them. I'd have fried chicken with potatoes and green bean casserole. Ooh! And sweet tea...I sound so fat right now.

If you could travel anywhere, on earth or off, where would you go?
On Earth, definitely Australia. It's one of those bucket list things. Gotta get there before I die.

What color would you wear if you had only one choice?
Black. I practically where it all the time now.

Describe your dream writing spot.
A cabin in the woods. During winter. Ah, yes. Sounds amazing.


Along with her visit her and her book tour, Diantha is offering some fun prizes.


Prophecy of Solstice's End Amazon link
Prophecy of Solstice's End B&N link


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.