Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thursday Recipe - Cookie Bars

Happy Thanksgiving! May your turkey be perfect, your yams be yummy, and you never run out of pie.

If it isn't obvious from my recipe postings, I adore cookies. I also can't follow a recipe to save my life. Well, maybe if the stakes were that high...

Anyway, I wanted cookies the other day so I whipped out a recipe that looked tasty. Then realized I didn't have any M&Ms, the recipe only used one egg and my chickens are plopping out way more than one a day, the recipe called for all white flour something I just can't do anymore, I softened a whole cup of butter instead of a half, and I really didn't want to scoop out individual cookies. So instead I ended up with these.

Milk Chocolate Cookie Bars

1 c. butter
1 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. white sugar
2 eggs
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
1 t. vanilla
2 c. quick oats
2 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. milk chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and vanilla. Beat until very light and fluffy, about 3 - 5 minutes. Stir in oats, wheat flour, and chocolate chips. Spread in greased 9x13 cake pan. Bake at 350° 25-30 minutes, until center is barely set. Let cool before devouring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.