Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Monday, January 5, 2015

New Year's Resolutions

Since this is the first Monday of 2015, it must be time to post a list of resolutions and goals for the year. So here's mine:

  1. Post something here every Monday.
  2. Post a recipe every Thursday.
  3. Collect all my recipes into a cookbook and get it up for sale for those who would like it.
  4. Finish my Master's degree - just a project and thesis left to go.
  5. Write the first book in Blue Mage. I'll post more about that next Monday. It's a middle-grade story my daughter and I are cooking up together.
  6. Write something new every week. I'd love to get another novel done this year, but I'll settle for some short stories, flash fiction, poetry, anything that isn't just academic.
Those are my writing/professional goals. We'll see where the year takes me career-wise. That's still wide open although I do have ideas about where I want to be by the end of the year.

My personal goals:
  1. Work on my relationship with my husband. After almost 29 years of marriage, we still need date nights and time to just have fun together.
  2. Keep in touch with all of my kids. We're looking at only two left at home next fall. The nature of the relationship changes as they become adults and move out on their own, but it needs just as much work to keep it strong and more work to keep the lines of communication open.
  3. Enjoy my grandkids. I've got two now.
  4. Eat healthier. I'm on at least three different diets for health reasons. Figuring out how to combine them all gets beyond frustrating some days. I'll share what I learn on Thursdays along with good recipes.
  5. Exercise more. This is also tricky considering all my health problems. But I'm sure I can find time for a couple of hours of low-impact exercise each week.
What are your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.