Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Monday, September 5, 2016

You are Loved More Than You Know

A friend posted something on Facebook a few days ago that I just can't seem to let go. The only thing that helps is to blog about it, so here goes.

She was in a meeting where the speaker was telling teenagers they had to earn God's love, be worthy of it. That is so wrong. God loves us more than we can comprehend. We are His children. No matter who or what we are, He loves us unconditionally.

If you want a very humbling experience, try seeing everyone around you through God's eyes. That grumpy cashier at the store? She's His daughter, an eternal being of infinite worth. That homeless man on the corner? He is a son of God, too. That annoying child throwing a tantrum in public? Same thing. When I try to see others this way, it opens my heart to feel God's love for me. I am overwhelmed by how much I am loved.

The problem is that people conflate God's love with worthiness to enter His kingdom. That is something we do have to earn through obedience, but no matter what I may do or say, He will always love me. I will always be worthy of His love.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.